Mecha is a file-based content management system that carries the concept of minimalism. This content management system is suitable for use by journalists or bloggers who prioritize simplicity and speed in the presentation and transfer of their site data. Not everyone has free time to sit at the table and think about what to write.
Mecha survives on the principle that a database-less site should be personal, portable, light and easy to be exported and backed up. That’s why most of the projects associated with Mecha are created with personal natures and are dedicated to be used for personal purposes such as blog, journal and diary. Mecha’s market shares are people with high creativity and individuals who want to dedicate themselves to the freedom of speech that probably don’t have much time to learn web programming languages. By introducing Mecha as files and folders that used to be seen by people everyday in their working desktop, we hope you will soon be familiar with the way Mecha CMS works.
Mecha is as simple as files and folders. Yet, that doesn’t mean that Mecha is weak. Mecha has fairly flexible set of API that you can use without having to make it bloated, keeping you happy focused on developing your own site, according to your personality.
If you want to make something that is super huge with Mecha, that would be possible, but remember that Mecha wasn’t created to replace databases. Mecha was previously created simply to help people getting rid of various resources that are not needed from the start (such as databases). There will be a time when you need a database, and when that time comes, just use a database. Mecha is fairly open to be extended with other database-based applications.
- Writing pages with ease using Markdown.
- Unlimited page children.
- Unlimited page fields.
- Extensible as hell.
- Built-in commenting system using the comment extension.
- Add RSS and Sitemap feature using the feed and sitemap extension.
- Easy to use and well documented API.
- Almost everything are optional. 1
- Control panel extension.
- PHP 7.1.0 and above, with enabled
- Apache 2.4 and above, with enabled
- Make sure that you already have the required components.
- Go to the start page to download the installer file.
- Visit the installer file to begin the installation process.
- Download the available package from the home page.
- Upload Mecha through your FTP/SFTP to the public folder/directory 3 on your site, then extract it!
- Take a look on the available extensions and layouts that you might be interested.
- Upload your extension files to
.\lot\xand your layout files to
.\lot\layout. They’re auto-loaded.
- Read on how to add pages and tags. Learn on how to create pages from the author by looking at the source code.
- Install the panel extension if you are stuck by doing everything manually. You always have the full control to remove this extension without having to worry that your site will stop running after doing so.
© 2014 – 2021 Mecha CMS. Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- Icons by Material Design Icons.