Mecha is a file-based CMS 1 that is focused on the principle that a static website must be personal, portable, light and easy to be exported and backed up. However, this doesn’t mean that Mecha is powerless. Mecha has a fairly flexible set of API that you can use without having to make it bloated, keeping you happy focused on developing your own website, according to your personality.
- PHP 5.3.1 and above.
- Enabled mod_rewrite module.
- Make sure that you already have the required component.
- Download Mecha by cloning this GitHub repo.
- Upload Mecha through your FTP/SFTP to the public folder/directory in your site 2
http://example.org/knock.phpin the address bar of your web browser. Or, if for some reason you have to upload this CMS in a sub-folder, then just type
- Put your name, your email, your username and your password in the form provided then click Install.
- There will appear a message describes that you are able to log in now. Log in!
- Once logged in, you can start configuring the blog by visiting the configuration page.
- Post something!
It does not require any database. Almost all files are stored as plain text files which grouped into folders, which you can even edit it manually through a plain text editor application. ↩
Usually named as
Seriously, if you really typed domain http://example.org, then you really are in a big trouble! ↩